- ½ pineapple, skin and core removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ cup tamari (alternative is soy sauce)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (alternative is white wine vinegar)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3-4 pieces each
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- Brown or black rice, to serve
- Blend half of the pineapple in a food processor to make a smooth puree. Pour into a bowl and whisk together with the cornflour, tamari, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger, and cut the capsicum into bite-sized chunks. Add to the chicken in the wok and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the sauce to the wok, mix well, cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Add the remaining pineapple chunks to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with brown or black rice.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples