Serves 6-8. Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook: 10 min
- 400g diced tinned tomatoes
- 400g tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30g packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 200g corn chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- ½ fresh pineapple, skin and core removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves and jalapenos to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a small saucepan, simmer tinned tomatoes, beans, taco seasoning, ¼ cup water and garlic over medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place half the corn chips on an ovenproof plate or tray, add half the tomato mixture, half the cheese, and repeat adding the remaining chips, tomato mixture and top with cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove nachos from oven. Top with avocado, pineapple, tomato and red onion.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and jalapenos.
Tip: To make this a larger meal or to add extra protein, add some shredded BBQ chicken to the tomato and bean mixture.