- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 600g pork neck, fat-trimmed and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ pineapple, skin and core removed, chopped into small chunks
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup water
- Steamed baby carrots, asparagus and broccoli, to serve
- Handful of fresh coriander and wholegrain rice, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and brown the pork in batches so that it does not stew, but seals the meat on all sides. Add the brown meat to the slow cooker pot*.
- Heat the remaining oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add to the slow cooker pot.
- Add the pineapple, sweet chilli sauce and ½ cup of water. Stir to combine, put on the lid and set timer to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve on a bed of wholegrain rice, and top with fresh coriander.
*Alternatively, if a slow cooker is not available, or oven cooking is preferred, cook in a covered dish in a pre-heated oven at 120°C. Cook for 2 – 2.5 hours.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples