- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 packets of microwave brown rice
- ½ pineapple
- 1 red capsicum
- Baby spinach
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Spread the coconut over a baking tray and roast in the oven for a few minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until light brown. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice to packet instructions.
- Cut the peel from the pineapple, core and cut the fruit into small pieces.
- Cut the red capsicum in a small dice, discarding the seeds and core.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs.
- In a salad bowl, mix all ingredients together, toss well and serve.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples