- 8 sheets of filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, whisked with a fork
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the skin from the pineapple and remove the core. Cut the pineapple flesh into small pieces.
- Lay out a sheet of filo, spray with olive oil and lay a second sheet over the top. At one end, spoon a quarter of the ricotta, leaving a few centimetres of pastry at either end. Spoon a quarter of the pineapple over the top of the ricotta and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Spray the edges of the filo with olive oil and then fold the edges over. Spray again and then roll up to form an enclosed parcel.
- Repeat three more times and lay the four parcels on a non-stick baking tray. Brush with the egg and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Drizzle with honey, then cut diagonally in half and serve.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples