- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups low fat Greek yoghurt or light sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with patty cases.
- To make the filling, combine cream cheese and honey in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place flours, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, stir to combine.
- Place yoghurt, eggs and coconut oil into another bowl, whisk to combine. Add yoghurt mixture to the dry ingredients, stir with a wooden spoon until just combined (do not over mix). Add 2 cups of the pineapple dice to batter, gently stir to combine.
- Spoon batter among prepared patty cases. Dollop the cream cheese filling equally on top of each filled patty case then press filling slightly down into batter. Sprinkle with remaining pineapple over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples