- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wholewheat stoneground flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Logicane (low GI sugar)
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tb Australian extra virgin olive oil
- rind of ½ orange, finely grated
- ½ small pineapple, finely diced
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients before adding to the dry mix. Combine well. Add a splash of milk if too dry (this will depend on the consistency of the yoghurt).
- Gently mix through the fruit.
- Spoon into muffin tin, adding a few pieces of pineapple on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out. Place onto wire rack to cool.
© Australian Pineapples