Serves 2-3. Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marinating time 2-3hrs. Cook: 10-15 mins.
- 4-5 chicken thighs
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (alter to your liking)
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 Australian pineapple, cubed
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly diced
- Juice of 1 lime
Hot yoghurt sauce:
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp hot sauce store bought (alter to your liking)
- 1 extra lime, lightly grilled
- Brown rice or quinoa
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Combine all of the Jerk marinade into a medium ceramic bowl, stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and coat, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 2-3hrs.
- To make the pineapple salsa, combine all of the ingredients into a serving bowl and toss. Set aside until serving.
- To make the hot sauce combine the ingredients and stir. Set aside in the fridge until serving.
- Heat a cast iron grill to medium heat or a BBQ grill, brush off excess marinade from the chicken, and place on the grill. Gently push the chicken down into the grill using a spatula, look for a golden colour and nice char marks. Once cooked on one side flip the chicken over and cook on the other side. Add a lime sliced in half to the grill to lightly char for a few minutes.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the grilled lime on the side to squeeze over. Serve with the pineapple salsa, a side of brown rice or quinoa and the hot yoghurt sauce along with extra fresh coriander leaves over the top.