Research Site / Demonstration Number: SA04SEQ-02
Grower Collaborator: Pinata Farms – Wamuran
Location 2: Pates Road, Wamuran
Initiation Date: December 2018
To compare and evaluate current and new fumigation products and their application in pineapple production targeting improvements in plant and ratoon crop yield in 73/50, pest efficacy and cost efficiencies.
- To improve the methodology of applying fumigation to pineapple fields.
- To compare current and new fumigation products for yield improvements, pest efficacy and cost.
- To undertake a cost analysis of the different fumigation products.
- To increase yield in plant crop but mainly ratoon crops in 73/50 hybrid.
- To identify efficacy of fumigation to the full range of soil borne pineapple pests.