Research Site / Demonstration Number: SA04NQ-04
Grower Collaborator: Accorsini Pines
Location 4: Bruce Highway, Mutanee
Initiation Date: April 2019
OUTLINE: To evaluate new Duiron replacement products in pineapple production targeting improvements in weed management.
- To evaluate replacement products for Diuron for the management of weeds in pineapple production.
- To evaluate any phytotoxic effects of replacement products for Diuron on crop health.
- To evaluate the best application rates, volumes and timing for replacement products for Diuron in a pineapple production system.
- To undertake a cost analysis of the different pest management program vs standard practices.
- Treatment 1: Herbicide Product A
- Treatment 2: Herbicide Product B
- Treatment 3: Standard Industry Practice: Pre-plant: Hyvar, post plant: Hyvar, Diuron and Amatrex.
- Treatment 4: Nil
ASSESSMENT / EVALUATION METHOD AND DELIVERY SCHEDULE
- Crop health assessments: Monthly 0 – 24 months
- Weed efficacy assessments: Monthly 0 – 24 months
- Fruit yield and size assessments: 24 months
- Cost Analysis: 24 months
Current Progress: Site has been selected, land prepared and hilled. Pre-plant treatments have been applied. Currently amidst planting and once completed post plant treatment will be applied.
Issues Encountered: Continual rainfall has held up establishment of site and ability of grower to begin land prep.
Other Notes: Research is being undertaken with Nufarm Townsville.