Research Site/Demonstration Number: SA04NQ-03
Grower Collaborator: Piñata Farms – Mareeba
Location 3: Carmen Road, Paddys Green
Start date: April 2019.
To compare and evaluate current and new fumigation products and their application targeting improvements in cost efficiencies and pest efficacy (including an exotic pest biosecurity issue, Dickeya spp.) in plant and ratoon crop yield in 73-114 (MD2).
- To improve the methodology of applying fumigation to pineapple fields.
- To compare current and new fumigation products for yield improvements, pest efficacy and cost.
- To undertake a cost analysis of the different fumigation products.
- To increase yield in plant crop but mainly ratoon crops.
- To identify efficacy of fumigation to the full range of soil borne pineapple pests including exotic pest species (Dickeya spp.).