Research Site/Demonstration Number: SA03SEQ-04
Grower Collaborator: Fullerton Farms
Location 4: Old Gympie Rd, Elimbah
Start Date: July 2019
To introduce, develop and evaluate precision farming practices through Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Global Information Systems (GIS) technology into pineapple production systems primarily targeting improving fertiliser and pesticide efficiency.
- To introduce fertiliser and pesticide efficiency through the establishment of precision (variable rate) boom spray application equipment.
- To introduce Global Positioning Systems (GPS) technology into boom spray application equipment and other farming operations.
- To incorporate aerial or satellite imagery into precision boom spray operations.
- To reduce fertiliser and pesticide losses off farm using precision boom spray application compared with traditional boom spray practices.
- To compare cost effectiveness of precision boom spray equipment compared with traditional boom spray equipment.
- To incorporate GIS capabilities of GPS based technology into pineapple operations and record keeping.