Research Site / Demonstration Number: SA01SEQ-01 and SA05SEQ-01
Grower Collaborator: Pinata Farms – Wamuran
Location 1: Pates Road, Wamuran
Initiation Date: February 2019
- the benefits of farm planning to better identify surface water flow to reduce / mitigate soil erosion and
- effectiveness of surface stabilisation practices on soil erosion with moderate to high erodible soils.
- Phase 1: Improve farm planning practises to identify and better implement manage strategies which mitigate surface water run-off.
- Phase 2: To improve the methodologies of implementing surface stabilisation practices to better manage soil erosion.
- living surface covers (living mulch)
- synthetic surface covers (geo polymers)
- To understand the impact of erosion on mechanically controlled / isolated compaction.
- To reduce in-field soil erosion in highly erodible soil types.
- To undertake a cost analysis of implementing soil erosion practices.