- 1.5kg rolled pork roast
- ½ tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ pineapple, diced into small pieces
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely (seeds optional)
- Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, diced into small pieces
- Juice of a lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Rub salt and olive oil into skin and place in roasting tray. Roast for 30 minutes, then turn down to 180°C and roast for a further 30 minutes or until skin is crisp and cracking (use this method if the skin on option is chosen).
- Mix all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and leave in the fridge for an hour for the flavours to develop.
- Remove the pork from the oven, discard the fat layer and slice the meat.
- Serve the meat topped with the pineapple salsa and serve with boiled kipfler potatoes and a big green salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
Note: Be aware that if you eat the crackling you are getting more fat and energy – if you’re trying to lose weight, remove it before eating
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples