Serves 2-4. Prep Time: 5 mins. Cook: nil (4 hours freezing time).
- 1 medium pineapple, skin on, cut in half horizontally
- 4cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the crown/top of the pineapple and then cut the pineapple in half. Carefully run the knife in a circle around the inside of the pineapple, about 1 cm from the skin. Cut out the inside core and remove. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh.
- Set aside pineapple cups and cover with cling wrap (optional). Place pineapple flesh into a blender with ginger and caster sugar. Blend until smooth.
- pineapple mixture into a shallow tray and place in the freezer for 2 hours. Using a fork, fluff up frozen pineapple mixture and return to freezer. Repeat every 30 minutes for another 2 hours (4 hours freezing time total).
- Fluff up the granita with a fork before serving granita inside pineapple cups or glasses. Add fresh mint leaves to garnish and serve!
Tip: This pineapple granita will last up to one week in the freezer.