- ½ pineapple, skin and core removed, cut into small chunks
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (alternatively use 3 tbsp butter)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup macadamias, roughly chopped
Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add 2 tbsp of brown sugar, cook for 2 minutes or until the sugar starts to melt and caramelise. Add the pineapple, cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- To make the crumble, rub the coconut oil into the coconut flour in a mixing bowl until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix through the remaining brown sugar and macadamias.
- Divide the stewed pineapple between four small ramekins, or one baking dish with a 4 cup capacity, and top with the crumble mixture. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve the crumble with thick natural yoghurt on the side.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples