Serves 6-8. Prep Time: 15 mins. Cook: 1 hour.
- 8 pork spare ribs
- 1 pineapple peeled and cut in large batons
- 10 purple shallots
- 2 chillies thinly sliced
- 2cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- To make the baste sauté the chilies, ginger, garlic in olive oil until soft then add the fish sauce, sugar, water and sesame oil and bring the boil and reduce by half.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat, skewer the pineapple, shallots and pork with metal or water soaked wooded skewers. Brush the pineapple, shallots and pork with the baste and place on the gridle pan turning after a minute on each side to achieve bar marks. Then place the skewer on a roasting tray and baste again, then roast in the oven for 30mins basting every 10mins.