- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled & sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges
- Salt & fresh black pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Combine the brown rice and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until cooked. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a jar, combine the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and scatter over the red onion wedges and pineapple. Add olive oil and lime dressing. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pile the cooked brown rice onto a serving platter, thickly slice the chicken and place on top of the rice along with the pineapple and red onion mixture. Drizzle over the cooking juices and scatter with fresh mint and coriander.
- Serve in the middle of the table alongside a salad of mixed greens and cucumber, dressed with extra virgin olive oil and lime juice.
Recipe by: Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples
© Australian Pineapples